Aldeburgh is clearing it’s palate for the Food And Drinks Festival this September.
The 24th and 25th of September will see the festival come to Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh in Suffolk and will celebrate the county’s luscious local produce. There will be everything from the culinary world on show from meats and cheeses, wines, beers, cakes and everything else to get your mouth watering.
Over 90 exhibitors will be sharing their trade at the show, with live demonstrations from well known chefs and plenty of tasting to keep your stomach ticking over for the day. No need to bring lunch!
As well as celebrating the joy of good grub itself, the event aims to support local produce and shops in a number of ways set out in their ambitions below:
- Help people understand the connection between food and the people, the farming and the landscape that produced it
- Celebrate and publicise the amazing variety, quality and abundance of food and drink produced in the Alde Valley and along the coast of East Suffolk
- Encourage people to support the local economy and reduce ‘food miles’ by buying local
- Work with local schools to bring back growing food and cooking it as part of the curriculum
- Encourage people to grow and cook their own food – Grow It! Cook It! Eat It!
- To publicise East Suffolk as a food destination
- To encourage people to visit the Suffolk countryside, wildlife reserves, market towns and villages
Where’s there’s great grub to be had and a good cause to eat it, you can’t really go wrong. Aldeburgh and the surrounding Suffolk area is well known for amazing local produce. When visiting Aldeburgh it’s definitely worth sampling some local places for some amazing food. Click here for Restaurants in Aldeburgh, Suffolk.
So pop down to Aldeburgh for the Food and Drink Festival 2011, this September.